NY International Shipping is a family-owned business with over a decade of experiencing coordinating international moves and car shipping from and to destinations across the globe. Whether you’re shipping a car, large van or antique car, you can rest at ease knowing that NY International Shipping is one of the few car shipping companies that puts its customers first! We understand that shipping a car may seem like a stressful task, but as long as you work with an international moving company that is experienced in car shipping, like NY International Shipping, you will have nothing to worry about. If you have questions about shipping a car or car shipping companies in general, contact NY International Shipping.
Here are the car shipping services we currently offer:
- Global export and import
- Containerized shipping in an exclusive 20ft or 40ft container
- Car shipping in our own 40ft car consolidation containers
- Port-to-Port car shipping with varying shipment methods
- Roll-on, Roll-off (RO-RO) car shipping
- Extra options such as insurance coverage for while you’re shipping a car
RO-RO Car Shipping
Car shipping companies, such as NY International Shipping, that offer Roll-on, Roll-off car shipping can handle shipping a car from and to many destinations. Car carriers specifically used by car shipping companies are experienced in shipping cars safely overseas around the globe. Through this method of shipping a car, cars are protected from the elements in sealed car decks, remaining secured to the deck. RO-RO car shipping is an abbreviation for the term Roll-on, Roll-off in which car shipping companies drive cargo on and then off the vessel.
Is RO-RO Car Shipping Right For You?
RO-RO is a great way to handle shipping a car through car shipping companies if you find yourself needing to ship large vehicles, boats, etc. RO-RO car shipping offers customers a great deal of flexibility during international relocations. NY International Shipping, being one of the leading Car shipping companies, offers RO-RO to customers as a more budget-friendly option than shipping cars in an exclusive container.
Shipping a Car in an Exclusive Container
For added protection you may go about shipping a car in an exclusive container. NY International Shipping, like many other car shipping companies, offers exclusive containers for shipping a car overseas. Most car shipping companies, like NY International Shipping, can either pick up your vehicle from your current residence or you can bring it to our warehouse or the nearest warehouse to your residence yourself. While choosing to ship a car in an exclusive container can be a bit more expensive than other options, you can always choose to share a container, which is a more cost-effective option.
How Do Car Shipping Companies Determine Shipping Costs?
NY International Shipping normally calculates rates for shipping a car based on the size of your vehicle. Your vehicle will be categorized as small, medium, or large by car shipping companies that are shipping a car for you.
What is the Process for Shipping a Car?
- Clients can either drop off cars for car shipping with the necessary documents at our warehouse or we can pick up your vehicle at its current location.
- Our professional car shipping crew will load your automobile or automobiles into a container meant for shipping a car where it will be secured for shipping.
- Next, car shipping companies will generally transport the container holding your vehicle to its port of departure, navigate it through customs, and then load it onto its vessel for shipping.
- Once your automobile has gotten to its destination, NY International Shipping will take your vehicle off of the vessel, see it through customs, and deliver it to your new home or meet you for the pick up.
Car shipping companies should let you know ahead of time what documents you must have and requirements you must meet in order for them to be able to transport your vehicle. They include:
- Copy of passport or passports
- Original car title void of liens
- Less than ¼ tan of gas in the vehicle
- No additional items inside your automobile other than what ordinarily comes with it.
It is very important that you choose car shipping companies that specialize and have experience in car shipping to avoid unnecessary damage and delays. If you’d like to schedule shipping a car or you have further questions about car shipping companies, contact NY International Shipping for more information.