Attention all HR/global mobility professionals: The North-East US Totally Expat Show 2013 is taking place on June 18th at the Metropolitan Pavilion in New York. The jam-packed show is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to learn about and share expatriate management best practices, network with global mobility professionals, providers, consultants and peers, attend seminars led by industry experts, and enjoy exhibitions from over 50 suppliers showcasing the latest innovations and technologies on managing expatriates. Moreover, the North-East Totally Expat Show has gained official recognition by professional bodies such as the Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR), attesting to its high level of excellence. Those who attend the event’s 20-session conference program can earn 4.5 hours HRCI recertification credits.
With corporate relocations increasing worldwide and with 90% of all major corporations expanding their employee relocation programs and policies, the Expat Show is a must-attend event for anyone responsible for the management of the their company’s mobile employees. In fact, workforce mobility is now considered a critical strategy for business growth, with new trends and best practices emerging all the time. According to the Employee Mobility Survey conducted byWeichert Relocation Resources – considered the definitive guide to challenges
in workforce mobility – 200 HR professionals/corporate relocation managers are responsible for about 40,000 annual employee moves. The survey also reveals that business priorities and talent needs are constantly shifting, making it incumbent upon corporate relocation managers to stay up-to-date with the latest influences on relocation practices and consider new and effective ways to deploy employee talent around the globe.
Fortunately, the 2013 North-East US Totally Expat Show includes a free full-day conference program made up of seminars led by industry pioneers. Some of the seminars scheduled to take place on June 18th in New York include:
- New Challenges in Immigration Worldwide
- Unraveling the Mystery of Intercultural Training: Promoting the Value of Intercultural Training to Clients and Assignees
- School Panel: What Makes International Schooling the Right Choice for So Many Expatriates?
- From Policy to Process: Translating your Policy Concepts into Practical Applications
- The Emerging Cultural Challenge of Working in Emerging Markets: Why Cultural Competency is the Critical Competitive Advantage for Success in the New Global Order, and How To Get It
- Technology and the Changing Landscape of Global Service Delivery
- Talent Management and International Mobility: Best Practices in Assessment, Training and Coaching for Mobile Employees Around the Globe
- Global Regulatory Compliance and the Expatriate Benefits Plan
Amongst the employee relocation management issues that will be discussed are:
- Determining which employees need intercultural training and what core components to include in cultural training sessions
- How to implement technical solutions to evolving mobility policies and programs
- How to choose the best international schools for expatriate families (including the pros and cons of international schooling)
- Understanding how to leverage cultural differences and develop cultural competencies for success in emerging market economies
- Increased awareness and understanding of the global insurance environment and government laws pertaining to insurers and multinational employers
- Benefit plan options when sending valued employees abroad
Finally, North-East US Totally Expat Show 2013 provides plenty of networking breaks throughout the day, offering attendees unprecedented opportunities for mingling with industry peers and suppliers and for discovering new and improved ideas for managing expatriates.
Einat Mazafi is the owner of NY International Shipping, an International Shipping and moving company based in New York. She is also a specialist in providing the best relocation solutions to clients worldwide.