Are you moving to Vanuatu from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Port Vila, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.
NY International Shipping would like to offer its services as a first-class, seasoned overseas moving company of international moving specialists. With over a decade of experience relocating customers all over the world, NY International Shipping has dedicated itself to providing a first-class experience every step of the way. We offer a vast array of overseas moving services, including all-inclusive options to take the stress of moving overseas off of you and your family. We even own a private, climate-controlled storage facility conveniently located in New York which we can easily use to store your shipment before or after moving to Vanuatu. If you would like to receive a FREE quote, click here.
Steps to Successfully Finding the Right Overseas Moving Company
When it comes to moving overseas, not just anyone can handle the responsibility. You want to make sure that you build a relationship with a well-established overseas moving company with integrity and a wealth of industry knowledge. NY International Shipping has spent its existence working to build the strongest network of overseas shipping agents across the globe possible while forming strong relationships with well-known freight companies that span the world. Having done all this, we are able to easily coordinate relocations such as moving to Vanuatu with ease, providing peace of mind to our clients and allowing them to focus on more important things, such as their families. Excellent overseas moving companies are hard to come by, so here are some helpful hints as to what you should look for when searching for the right overseas moving company for moving to Vanuatu:
1. Reputation and References – One of the best ways to learn about a company is through referrals from past clients. If a company can produce non, it’s probably not a good sign, however, if they are ready and willing to provide you with a stack to review it means their services probably match their claims. It’s also a great idea to check out third-party review websites to read the reviews on the on the overseas moving companies you are considering. And of course, if you hear about a company through word of mouth you should definitely find out what the referee knows about the company, too
2. Credentials – You want to make sure that the overseas moving company you choose for moving to Vanuatu is licensed like NY International Shipping is as an NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier) by the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC). Also, make sure that all possible international moving companies are licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). When it comes to shipping your goods overseas, you want to use an established company.
3. Industry-Related Affiliations and Memberships – A company that is very invested in the work they do should be affiliated with other industry-related organizations. Check to see what groups each overseas mover is affiliated with or holds a membership to. For example, NY International Shipping is affiliated with:
• Employee Relocation Council/Worldwide ERC®
• Foreign Commerce Club of New York
• IAM (International Association of Movers)
• NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Association Inc.
• YP 25 (Young International Movers)
4. In-person Visit – It’s always a good idea to visit any perspective overseas movers you are considering. If they don’t have a physical office for you to visit, take them off of the list! Not only is it important to make sure that they really exist, but it can be very different to see how a company works first-hand rather than making assumptions from phone calls and emails.
5. Compare Rates – Your overseas moving budget probably weighs heavily on your mind. The best way to compare international moving rates is to gather quotes from the companies you are considering using the same variables—same shipping volume, shipping service, origin location and destination. This is called apples-to-apples comparison and it will give you an accurate view of how each the rates of these companies stack up. Remember, it may be worth going with a slightly more expensive overseas mover if they have a better reputation and more services to offer. You can always discuss alternate shipping methods such shipping as by ocean or you can try reducing the volume of your shipment to stay within budget.
What You Should Know About Moving to Vanuatu from New York
Located in the South Pacific, Vanuatu is an island country which consists of a number of different islands. Vanuatu’s climate is sub-tropical and the majority of the year is hot and rainy. During the hot months, it’s probably a good idea to know when moving to Vanuatu that they do sometimes experience cyclones. Vanuatu also receives quite a heavy annual rainfall. Vanuatu has a parliamentary democracy for government that is lead by a president who is elected for 5 year terms. Vanuatu’s economy is growing, supported by financial services, cattle raising, agriculture and tourism. Though small, Vanuatu has had some time in the limelight as the site of both a US season of Survivor (the popular reality show) and an Australian season of Survivor. The capital of Vanuatu is Port Vila, an important port and the center of Vanuatu’s trade. Certain Port Vila may be a good choice to take up residency after moving to Vanuatu. The currency used in Vanuatu is Vanuatu Vatu (VUV). If you have any questions about exchanging your currency, feel free to contact your international relocation specialist. There are three official languages in Vanuatu, English, French and Bislama. It is a good idea to research which language is most frequently spoken in the community you will live in and learn it if you do not already know it. NY International Shipping also suggests contacting your local Vanuatuan Consulate to discuss whether or not it will be necessary for your to apply for a visa. Do so in advance as it can be quite a time consuming undertaking.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule moving to Vanuatu, contact NY International Shipping at [number] or by clicking here.