Are you moving to the Bahamas from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Nassau or any other city in the Bahamas, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.
Moving to the Bahamas from New York
If you’re planning on moving to the Bahamas you want to make sure that you use a reliable, experienced and well-networked overseas moving company. NY International Shipping is all of that and more! A well-known, family-owned international moving company with a primary location strategically placed in New York, NY International Shipping provides expert international shipping services from and to any international location worldwide. We can assist you with every step of the process—coordinating your moving day, tracking your shipment, unpacking your goods, etc. Using our global network of professional shipping agents, NY International Shipping will ensure that your experience moving to the Bahamas is as stress-free and pleasant as possible. Contact NY International Shipping for a FREE overseas shipping quote today!
What to Look for in a First-Class Overseas Moving Company
When moving to the Bahamas you want to make sure that you use the most experienced, well-qualified international moving company possible. NY International Shipping has spent over a decade perfecting the art of moving overseas, building a solid reputation and networking with other professional agents worldwide. When looking for an international moving company it is important that you research each company you are considering in depth. For example, below is a brief overview on NY International Shipping:
• Specialized overseas moving business with over a decade of experience relocating customers worldwide
• Licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission as a Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) as well as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
• FREE consultations with a relocation specialist to assist you in planning your move to the Bahamas
• Competitive rates in the industry
• Many referrals available to share from satisfied customers scattered across the globe
• All-inclusive shipping options for overseas relocation (i.e. door-to-door, shipment consolidation, custom crates, etc.)
• Worldwide network of reliable shipping agents allows us to move clients smoothly from and to any location worldwide
• Dedicated staff of overseas moving professionals who hold excellent customer service as a top priority
• Exclusive ownership of a fully secured, environmentally-controlled warehouse facility available to clients who wish to store goods before or after moving to the Bahamas.
Apples-to-Apples Comparison of Overseas Moving Companies
While looking at overseas moving companies when moving to the Bahamas you’re also going to want to consider shipping rates as a major factor in choosing a company. The best way to compare international moving companies is through apples-to-apples comparison. This can be done in the following way:
1. Gather overseas moving rates from each potential international moving company based on shipping the exact same volume using the same shipping services from and to the same locations.
2. Compare the quotes provided side by side.
Though shipping rates are important, it is also important when choosing an overseas moving company when moving to the Bahamas to consider the big picture. The international moving company with the cheapest rates might not have the best reputation and may not be able to give you the best quality of service. Consider using an overseas moving company with a better reputation despite slightly higher rates. You can always decrease the total volume of your shipment or choose a less expensive shipping method such as ocean freight to remain within your budget.
What to Expect When Moving to the Bahamas
Located in the Atlantic Ocean to the southeast of the Florida peninsula, the Bahamas consists of thousands of tiny islands and its capital is Nassau. A tropical paradise, the Bahamas are a magnet to tourists from all over the world. Tourism in the Bahamas supports approximately 70% of the economy in the Bahamas and is responsible for providing work to approximately 50% of the workforce. The Bahamas offers a plethora of sights and activities as well as a broad array of upscale resorts. It is probably important to also note that the cost of living in the Bahamas is actually quite high, though there is a great deal of money to be made in anything related to tourism. You may be happy to note, however, that there is no income tax. The official language in the Bahamas is English, although Creole is also spoken. The currency used in the Bahamas is the Bahamian Dollar (BSD). Consults your NY International Shipping international relocation specialist to see how and when you can exchange your currency for the Bahamian Dollar. Also, you may be required to obtain a visa prior to moving to the Bahamas. Consult your local Bahamian Consulate to discuss the different visa types and procedures with which to obtain them.
If you still have any questions regarding moving overseas or wish to begin scheduling moving to the Bahamas, contact NY International Shipping by phone at [number] or through our simple online contact form.