Are you moving to Switzerland from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Geneva, Zurich or any other city in Switzerland, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We’d love to make your move as seamless and stress-free as possible.
If you are looking for a free estimate, go here to calculate it.
As Switzerland is land-locked, European ports such as Antwerp, Belgium or Rotterdam Netherlands are used, after which your shipping agent will transport them to the Swiss boarder for customs clearance.
- Residence permit
- Property title of Residence in Switzerland or lease
- Detailed inventory in German, English, French or Italian (dated and signed by customer in triplicate) with the following:
- List of contents and any future planned shipments
- Appliances must have make and serial number
- Customs Import Form 18.44
- “Schriftenempfangsschein” – receipt for depositing papers at Town Hall
- “Erklarung/Abfertigungsantrag fur Libersiedlungsgur – declaration of household goods for personal use
Returning Nationals: Need an Attestation of Residence issued by local authorities
Foreign Nationals: Must have a Word and Residence Permit issued by local authorities
Household Goods Regulations: Must adhere to the following:
- Must be used and meant for personal use
- Must have been owned for a minimum of six (6) months and must remain in customer’s ownership for a minimum of one (1) year after moving to Switzerland
- Must be imported during “period of transfer of residence” (within 3 years)
Remarks: Customs must be located in and residents of Switzerland before household goods can clear through customs duty-free.
Restricted and Dutiable Goods
New Items: Items under six (6) months of age require an invoice and must be inventoried separately
Food: Restricted by quantity
Alcohol: Must be declared
Remarks: Restricted items and appliances should be made easily-accessible in shipping containers for customs
The following items are prohibited:
- Drugs and narcotics
- Ammunition and weapons (guns for hunting and sport may be imported with permit)
- Endangered species and products made from endangered species
- Anti-radar equipment
- Cleaning fluids
- Work Permit
- Form 18.44
- Purchase Invoice
- Valid driver’s license in Switzerland
- Proof of residence
- License from country of origin
- Foreign Registration card
- Swiss insurance receipt
Duty and Taxes: Duty-free if used and owned for over six (6) months prior to shipping to Switzerland. Must not be re-sold within twelve (12) months of being imported.
Compliance: All automobiles shipped to Switzerland must comply with Swiss Government regulations.
Remarks: Permission for import is granted case-by-case
Permitted: Cats, dogs and birds
Required: Proof of inoculation, health certificate completed by vet, and rabies shot
Quarantine: May be required in some cases.
- Voltage 230 V
- Type J Swiss 3-pin plugs
- Type C European 2-pin plugs often used for appliances (will fit in Type J outlets)