Are you moving to Luxembourg from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Luxembourg City or any other city in Luxembourg, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.
If you’re thinking about moving to Western Europe, Luxembourg may be the place for you! If that’s the case, then you’ll need a dependable overseas mover to get you there and that’s where NY International Shipping comes in. NY International Shipping, a season overseas moving based in New York, is a family-owned company that specializes in relocating individuals, families and employees all over the world. No matter how large or small your shipment, NY International Shipping will handle the job with care. If you would like to learn a bit more about overseas moving please contact NY International Shipping. We would be more than happy to answer any of your questions and even provide you with a FREE overseas moving quote!
What to Expect After Moving to Luxembourg from New York
Luxembourg is a small country in Western Europe that is bordered on all sides by other countries—Belgium, Germany and France. Luxembourg is a parliamentary democracy and is ruled by a Grand Duke, which is unique in the world today. Luxembourg has an extremely strong economy with the highest gross domestic product per capita worldwide! Luxembourg is a founding member of the European Union and several European Union institutions lie within its borders. Ironically, Luxembourg’s capital is like-wise named Luxembourg. Luxembourg has three official languages—French, German and Luxembourgish. Each language seems to have a certain place within the culture of Luxembourg and it is important to note this. Luxembourgish is typically spoken conversationally, but is not typically used in writing. French is primarily used for any sort of written business or formal affair. Lastly, German is taught as the first language in schools and is used in the media. Though not an official language, many residents of Luxembourg can speak English and it is often taught in schools during the compulsory years. If you do not know at least one of these primary languages, we strongly suggest you begin to learn basic phrases to make your move overseas to Luxembourg as smooth as possible. The southern portion of Luxembourg is more densely populated than the mountainous northern portion. Luxembourg has a very strong economy with low unemployment rates. Luxembourg is actually a secular country, though many different religions are recognized. Because Luxembourg is a member of the European Union, you may move to Luxembourg without applying for a visa if you are a native of another country within the European Union. However, if you are not, you will have to apply for a visa. NY International Shipping suggests contacting your local Luxembourg Consulate to discuss the different types of visas you may want to consider applying for.
The Ins and Outs of Finding a Reputable Overseas Moving Company
It is really important that as you look for the right overseas moving company you know what it is you’re looking for. A legitimate overseas moving company is actually easier to spot than you think. If you consider the following key points you will be well on your way to finding the best overseas mover for your relocation to Luxembourg.
1. Reputation and References – It is really important that you review each company’s reputation and quality of service from multiple angles by checking the professionalism of the company’s website, asking for references, checking third-party review sites, etc.
2. Credentials – Make sure that the overseas moving company you choose for moving to Luxembourg is licensed like NY International Shipping is as an NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier) by the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC). Also, make sure that all possible international moving companies are licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) as well as possess appropriately licensed and bonded warehouses.
3. Industry-Related Affiliations and Memberships – Check to see what groups each company is affiliated with or holds a membership to. Leading companies in the industry like to remain on top of things by joining notable organizations related to the industry. NY International Shipping is affiliated with:
• Employee Relocation Council/Worldwide ERC®
• Foreign Commerce Club of New York
• IAM (International Association of Movers)
• NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Association Inc.
• YP 25 (Young International Movers)
4. Pay Them a Visit in Person – Consider paying a visit to each prospective company’s physical location. Not only is it important to make sure that they really exist, but it’s very different to see how a company works first-hand rather than remotely via phone and their website.
5. Compare Rates – You’ll want to compare the rates of the overseas relocation companies at the top of your list. The best way to compare international moving rates is to gather quotes from the companies you are considering using the same variables—same shipping volume, shipping service, origin location and destination. This is referred to as apples-to-apples comparison and it will give you an accurate view of how each company compares to the others based on the same details. Remember, it may be worth going with a slightly more expensive overseas mover if they have a better reputation and more services to offer. You can always discuss alternate shipping methods such shipping as by ocean or you can try reducing the volume of your shipment to stay within budget.
If you have any questions regarding moving to Luxembourg, we encourage you to contact us at [number] or through our online contact form.