Are you moving to London from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to London, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We’d love to make your move to/from London as seamless and stress-free as possible.
If you are looking for a free estimate, go here to calculate it.
Experience in moving from New York to London
NY International Shipping is a specialized company of international moving experts ready and willing to assist you in coordinating moving to London – UK every step of the way. Regardless of the details of your overseas relocation, NY International shipping is equipped to provide effective solutions. For example, if you plan on moving to London – UK and wish to rent for a period of time before buying a house we are able to offer our fully secured, environment-controlled warehouse facility for both long-term and short-term storage. If you are hoping to take your motorcycle or car with you when moving to London – UK we are able to provide effective, safe transport from your current location to your new destination in London – UK. NY International Shipping also offers a comprehensive list of shipping options to help you stay within your budget and on schedule.
Other reason to consider NY International Shipping:
Reputable, family-owned overseas moving company that specializes in overseas relocation globally
Licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission as a Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) as well as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Offering FREE consultations with a relocation specialist to assist you in planning your move to London – UK
Competitive industry rates
Many referrals available from satisfied customers worldwide
All-inclusive shipping options for overseas relocation (i.e. door-to-door, oversized shipments, custom crates, etc.)
Worldwide network of reliable shipping agents allows us to move clients smoothly from and to any location worldwide
Dedicated staff of overseas moving professionals who hold excellent customer service as a top priority
Comprehensive quotes that detail each aspect of the move
Online tracking of shipments through our website providing accurate updates
How to Compare Overseas Moving Companies
There are several important criteria to consider when choosing an overseas relocation company for moving to London – UK. You want to make sure that as you compare and review the different international moving companies that you are considering, that you look at the total package of each international moving company. If you are simply looking for a company with low overseas moving rates you may end up with a company that is not as trustworthy or capable as another. NY International Shipping suggests analyzing the following areas before choosing an international moving company:
1. Reputation and Referrals – Review each company’s reputation and quality of service from several different angles by checking the professionalism of the company’s website, asking for referrals, checking third-party review sites, etc.
2. Credentials – Make sure that the overseas moving company you choose for moving to London – UK is licensed like NY International Shipping is as an NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier) by the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC). Also, make sure that all possible international moving companies are licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) as well as possess appropriately licensed and bonded warehouses.
3. Affiliations and Memberships – Check to see what organizations each company is affiliated with or holds a membership to. Top companies in the industry like to remain on top of things by joining notable organizations related to the industry. NY International Shipping is affiliated with:
· Employee Relocation Council/Worldwide ERC®
· Foreign Commerce Club of New York
· IAM (International Association of Movers)
· NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Association Inc.
· YP 25 (Young International Movers)
4. Pay Them a Visit – Consider paying a visit to each prospective company’s physical location. Not only is it important to make sure that they really exist, but it’s very different to see how a company works first-hand rather than remotely via phone and their website.
5. Compare Rates – Compare the rates of the overseas relocation companies at the top of your list. The best way to compare international moving rates is to gather quotes from the companies you are considering using the same variables—same shipping volume, shipping service, origin location and destination. This will give you an accurate view of how each company compares to the others based on the same details. Remember, it may be worth going with a slightly more expensive overseas mover if they have a better reputation and more services to offer. You can always discuss alternate shipping methods such shipping as by ocean or you can try reducing the volume of your shipment to stay within budget
Overview of Moving to London – UK
London, the home of Big Ben and Buckingham Palace, is actually the capital city of both England and the UK. If you’re moving to London – UK you are very lucky as it is one of the top destinations for tourists due to its wealth of historical monuments, museums and theatre. If you have children you are in luck as London offers wonderful, free education for lower years and boasts some highly regarded universities. If you’re moving to London – UK it is important to note that North London and South London are very different from each other. North London is comprised of small boroughs. The south side of London is mainly comprised of small flats and is overall less financially established. Though South London has a smaller population than North London, South London possesses more parks and amusement centers than North London. North London, however, has a much more extensive rail system which is commonly traveled by its inhabitants. Central London, though less defined than North and South London, holds the majority of the entertainment, museums, universities, stores, restaurants, etc. As you may have already guessed if you’re moving to London – UK, the primary language spoken is English—though you may find some slang in different regions that is quite unique to the area. When moving to London – UK it is very important to consult your local UK Consulate regarding visa requirements and regulations. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to apply for your visa prior to moving to London – UK as it can take a decent amount of time to process.
If you’re looking for the type of international moving company that will assist you every step of the way, contact NY International Shipping at 888.869.4685 or through our online contact form with any questions or to schedule moving to London – UK.