Moving to Israel

Are you moving to Israel from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Jerusalem, Tel-Aviv or any other city in Israel, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.


Ashdod, Haifa, Eilat

Required Documents

  • Passport
  • B-1 Visa stamped in passport, 3rd Party Guarantee from employer (for those that will be working)
  • A-3 Visa stamped in passport, 3rd Party Guarantee (for religious personnel)
  • Residence Visa
  • Customs Bond
  • Proof of Employment
  • Insurance certificate
  • Certificate of residence (legally stamped)
  • Letter authorizing your shipping agent to clear your shipment through customs
  • Inventory in Hebrew notating values, make, serial number and appliance manufacturer name (old or new) or size (fabric products such as rugs)
  • Israeli identity cards, divorce papers, death certificates or other personal identity documents
  • Power of Attorney and Declaration for customs



Foreign Nationals and Temporary Residents: Allowed up to three (3) duty-free shipments within three (3) years—does not include auto and professional tools

Returning Nationals: Allowed one (1) duty-free shipment. Household goods and personal effects must arrive within nine (9) months of the customer moving to Israel.

Requirements: Foreign nationals and temporary residents must have lived in the previous country for a minimum of one (1) year prior to moving to Israel. All household goods must be owned by the shipper for personal use.



The following items are duty-free when moving to Israel:

  • 250 cigarettes or 250 grams of tobacco products
  • 1 liter of spirits
  • 2 liters of win
  • 250 ml of perfume
  • Gifts valued up to $125 USD



Plants and Plant Products: Can only be imported with permission from the Plant Protection and Inspect Services of the Ministry of Agriculture.

Produce: Permits are required for importing fresh produce as well as plants, plant products, seeds, etc.



Documents: The following documents must accompany your pet:

  • Written statements declaring the shipper has owned the pet for over ninety (90) days prior to shipping
  • General health certificate from the country of origin
  • Rabies vaccination certificate


The following items are restricted:

  • Illegal drugs
  • Knives and deadly weapons
  • Explosive and ammunition
  • Soil
  • Fresh meat and meat products
  • Dairy products (including milk)
  • Cordless phones with ranges up to 900 MHz
  • Gambling machines and paraphernalia
  • Counterfeit goods and money
  • Pornographic materials (printed, video, etc.)



Returning Israelis: Subject to full customs duties

Foreign Nationals: Custom duties reduced to 46-76%

Prohibited: Vehicles with steering wheels on the right side are prohibited

Required Documents: The following documents are required:

  • Passport
  • Teudat Oleh (new immigrant certificate)
  • Registration or purchase invoice in name of shipper
  • Keys
  • Valid Israel insurance certificate
  • Import license obtained from Ministry of Transport



  • 220 V
  • Type C European 2-pin or CEE 7/16 plug


For more info visit the Israel Customs Website

This is a unique website which will require a more modern browser to work!

Please upgrade today!