Are you moving to Greece from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Athens or any other city in Greece, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We’d love to make your move to/from Greece as seamless and stress-free as possible.
If you are looking for a free estimate, go here to calculate it.
NY International Shipping is the perfect, professional overseas moving company to get you to Greece! With over a decade of experience coordinating overseas moves from and to locations across the globe, NY International Shipping treats every customer with absolute care. Whether this is your first overseas move or your fiftieth, you will receive red-carpet service from beginning to end. If you are ready to discuss moving to Greece or if you would like to receive a free overseas moving quote, please feel free to contact us!
The Profile of an Experienced, Professional Overseas Moving Company
When you choose an overseas moving company you want to make sure that they are capable of handling your overseas move with professionalism and industry knowledge. There are many ways that you can spot an experienced overseas moving company. NY International Shipping, a family-owned company with over a decade of experience specializing in overseas moving, possesses all of the characteristics of a seasoned, well-connected overseas moving company. We have provided a brief overview of our company below.
• Family-owned, trustworthy overseas moving company with 10+ years of international moving experience
• Provide FREE consultation with a relocation specialist to assist you with organizing your move to Greece
• Offer all-inclusive shipping options for overseas relocation (door-to-door, custom wooden crates, shipment consolidation, oversized shipping, etc.)
• Many referrals from satisfied and repeat customers worldwide
• Appropriately licensed by the Federal Maritime Commission as a Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC), licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and properly insurance and bonded
• Owner of an environment-controlled, private storage facility with 24-hour surveillance
• All relocation professionals (from international movers to relocation specialists) are committed to providing a-plus customer service
• Global network of reliable shipping agents making international moving from and to any destination possible and successful
You also want to make sure that whichever overseas moving company you choose is well-connected within the industry. NY International Shipping is affiliated with a number of different organizations, including:
• Employee Relocation Council/Worldwide ERC®
• Foreign Commerce Club of New York
• IAM (International Association of Movers)
• NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Association Inc.
• YP 25 (Young International Movers)
What to Expect When Moving to Greece from New York
Greece, a country with roots dating back to ancient times, is rich in culture, food and history. Greece is a mountainous country which is composed of a peninsula mainland and a number of islands. It is surrounded by the Aegean Sea, Mediterranean Sea and the Ionian Sea. Greece is certainly known for its mythology, theater, Olympic Games, olive oil and ancient history. Greece has a varying climate that differs from the coast to the mountains. Greece has a strong economy that is fueled by its large draw of tourists from all over the world, industrious nature and strong work ethic. The main religion observed in Greece is practiced through the Greek Orthodox Church. As you may have suspected, the official language in Greece is Greek. If you have not already studied Greek it is a great idea to learn key phrases and conversation prior to moving to Greece as it can make the transition after moving overseas a bit smoother. After moving to Greece you will have a great deal of things to choose from to explore with your free time. Greece’s ancient history and historic attractions are certainly something worth exploring further. Like much of Europe, the currency in Greece is the Euro. If you have any questions regarding how and when you should exchange your currency for the Euro, please feel free to contact your international relocation specialist at your convenience. The professionals at NY International Shipping would be more than happy to answer any of your questions. If you are moving to Greece you may be required to apply for a visa. Though citizens of some countries are allowed to move to Greece for a period of time and reside there without having to acquire a visa, it is a good idea to consult your local Greek Consulate to determine whether or not you should apply for a visa prior to moving to Greece. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time prior to moving overseas as processing time for visas can vary.
If you still have questions about moving overseas or if you would like to schedule moving to Greece, please contact us.