When moving to Europe from a country outside of the European Union, there are some restrictions for countries that are a part of the European Union in regards to what you can ship into the country. The restrictions below are meant for those shipping household goods for their own personal use, not commercial use.
Tobacco and Tobacco Products: Those moving to Europe are limited to the following:
- 200 cigarettes or 40 cigarettes
- 100 cigarillos or 20 cigarillos
- 50 cigars or 10 cigars
- 250 grams of tobacco or 50 g smoking tobacco
Items may be combined to reach your total allowance for tobacco products. For example, you could ship 100 cigarettes and 50 cigarillos.
Alcohol: Customers moving to Europe are limited to the following when shipping alcohol to Europe:
- 1 liter of alcohol/alcoholic beverages with a strength of 22% or more by volume
- 2 liters of alcoholic beverage not exceeding 22% in strength by volume
- 4 liters of wine
- 16 liters of beer (only for excise duty and VAT)
Fuel: When shipping any sort of motor transport property, you are limited to the following:
- Fuel must be limited to what can be held by the standard tank
- No more than 10 liters of fuel held in a portable container
When moving to Europe, pets must fulfill the following criteria (with the exception of the UK, Norway, and Sweden):
Microchip: Each pet must be microchipped in compliance with ISO Standard 1184 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785; otherwise a scanner will need to be sent along with your pet.
Dog Vaccinations: These must be administered within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks prior to arrival and must include the following:
Cat Vaccinations: These must be administered within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks prior to arrival and must include the following:
- Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis
- Panleukopenia (FVRCP)
EU Veterinary Health Certificate: This form is a standard health certificate, which must be completed by an accredited veterinarian. This is valid for 4 months, but it is recommended that it be completed and endorsed by the USDA within 10 days of moving.
Government Endorsement: Requires the following:
- Record of microchip implantation
- Rabies certificate
- EU Vet Health Certificate
International Health Certificate: Completed by your vet within 10 days of departure.
Remark: Documentation must ship with your pet.
Electricity and plugs can vary. Once you know which country in Europe you are moving to, speak with your overseas shipping agent for further information.