Are you moving to England from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to London or any other city in England, we provide door to door service and take care of your move. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We’d love to make your move as seamless and stress-free as possible.
If you are looking for a free estimate, we have one here.
If you’re planning on moving to England, but unsure of who to use for moving overseas NY International Shipping would be pleased to serve you! As a family-owned, professional overseas moving company that specializes in international moves from and to limitless destinations worldwide, NY International Shipping has a wealth of satisfied past clients and referrals to prove it. NY International Shipping believes that excellent customer service is paramount and we got o great lengths to prove it. Whether you’re ready to begin scheduling moving to England or you simply wish to ask some questions regarding moving overseas, NY International Shipping would be more than happy to help you. We provide FREE consultations and FREE overseas moving quotes! Simply click here to contact us.
Moving to England from New York– What to Expect!
England, home of Big Ben and the Buckingham Palace, is a fabulous country rich in history and the birthplace of many historic figures. England lies on the island of Great Britain where it shares boarders with Scotland and Wales. England is composed of bustling cities such as London, and smaller towns where the pace of life is a bit slower. England currently has a constitutional monarchy and healthcare is primarily provided by the country’s government healthcare system, National Health Service. London, the capital of England as the United Kingdom, was established in ancient times by Romans under the name Londinium. London possesses a melding of cultures and religions, though the official language is English and the most popular religion in England is Christianity (most Christians in England belong to the Church of England which saw its separation from Roman Catholics under the reign of King Henry VIII). London has much to offer—shopping, restaurants, culture, fashion, theater, etc.—and would be a wonderful place for anyone thinking about moving to England. However, if you prefer to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city, a neighboring town might be a better fit. The currency used in England is Pound Sterling (GBP) and so far they have voted against converting to the Euro like much of Europe. If you are concerned with how and when you should convert your money to Pound Sterling, consult your international relocation specialist. He/she would be more than happy to answer any of your questions. Also, before moving to England it is a good idea to speak with your local English Consulate regarding the different visas available. It will most likely be necessary for you to acquire a visa prior to moving to England, so make sure you give yourself plenty of time as the processing time can be quite lengthy.
Steps to Finding the Right Overseas Moving Company
1. Reputation and Referrals – Research into each company’s reputation and quality of service from several different angles by checking referrals, reviewing third-party review sites, etc. You can also ask friends and family if they’ve heard anything or experienced the services of any overseas moving companies you are considering using when moving to England.
2. Affiliations and Memberships – Check to see what organizations each company is affiliated with or holds a membership to. Top companies in the industry like NY International Shipping like to remain on top of things by joining organizations related to the industry. NY International Shipping is affiliated with:
o Employee Relocation Council/Worldwide ERC®
o Foreign Commerce Club of New York
o NY/NJ Foreign Freight Forwarders & Brokers Association Inc.
o YP 25 (Young International Movers)
o IAM (International Association of Movers)
3. Credentials – Make sure that the overseas moving company you choose for moving to England is licensed like NY International Shipping is as an NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier) by the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC). Also, make sure that all possible international moving companies are licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) as well as possess appropriately licensed and bonded warehouses.
4. Check them out in person – Consider visiting each prospective company’s physical location. Not only is it important to make sure that they really exist, but it can be very telling to see how a company works first-hand rather than remotely via phone and their website.
5. Compare Rates – Compare the rates of the overseas relocation companies at the top of your list. The best way to compare international moving rates is to gather quotes from the companies you are considering using the same variables:
o Shipping volume
o Shipping service
o Origin location
This will give you an accurate view of how each company compares to the others based on the same details!
If you still have questions or if you are ready to begin coordinating moving to England with NY International Shipping, please contact us.