Whether you’ve decided to move to Egypt from New York, for a change of scenery or because your company has asked you to relocate overseas, NY International Shipping will make sure that you are and your family receives first-class service from beginning to end.
We can take care of you if you’re moving to Cairo or any other city in Egypt.
As a family-owned overseas moving company, centrally located in New York, NY International Shipping is able to move customers from and to any location worldwide. Not only do we offer basic overseas moving services, but we offer a number of all-inclusive overseas shipping options to cater to your specific needs. Whether you wish to store your goods in our state-of-the-art, private warehouse or have our professional overseas movers pack and unpack your goods for you, NY International Shipping is at your service and your satisfaction is always our priority. If you would like to receive a FREE quote from NY International Shipping, please contact us.
Steps to Finding the Best Overseas Moving Company
As you think about which overseas moving company to use for moving to Egypt, you may feel overwhelmed and confused as to what to look for and how to maximize the time you spend research potential overseas movers. NY International Shipping has over a decade of experience specializing in overseas moving, so we have take our expertise and created some simple, effective steps for prospective customers to follow which will assist them in their search.
1. Begin your research on each overseas moving company by checking to make sure each overseas moving company you are considering is licensed as an NVOCC (Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier) by the Federal Maritime Commission or FMC, licensed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and possess appropriately licensed and bonded warehouses.
2. Once you have created an overseas moving budget (and this is something you should certainly do in the beginning), perform an apples-to-apples comparison of the rates of any prospective companies. This can be done by comparing international relocation rates from the overseas moving companies based on shipping the same volume of goods using the same exact shipping service on the same dates and from and to the same destinations. This will give you an accurate idea as to how they compare side by side.
3. It is also important that you look into each overseas moving company’s referrals and reputation. Ask each company for referrals from previous clients—any reputable overseas moving company should have some for your review. You can also check third-party review sites for reviews from past clients on their experiences with the companies.
4. Last but not least, make sure you visit the physical office of any overseas moving companies you are considering to see how they conduct themselves in the office. Never trust an international moving company without a physical office! It may be a scam.
What to Expect When Moving to Egypt
Now that you think you’ve found the right overseas moving company, you’re probably interested in learning a little bit more about moving to Egypt. As you probably already know, Egypt’s culture and history is deeply rooted in its existence as an ancient civilization. Egypt is home to many ancient attractions, such as the pyramids, the sphinx and archeological sites. Egypt attracts a number of tourists from around the world who wish to experience the wonders this country holds. Aside from the multitude of amazing ancient sites, Egypt boasts populated cities along the Nile and sprawling, sparsely inhabited deserts. The majority of Egypt’s population is actually composed of native Egyptians. As you may already know, the official religion in Egypt is Islam and the official language is Egyptian Arabic. It is a good idea to consider learning Egyptian Arabic prior to moving to Egypt as it will make navigating throughout the cities, stores, businesses and marketplaces a great deal easier. Though the citizens of some other Middle Eastern countries are allowed to travel over Egypt’s boarders freely, the rest of us moving to Egypt will be required to obtain a visa. Contact your local Egyptian Consulate to discuss the different visas available. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time prior to moving to Egypt as it can be quite a lengthy process to obtain an Egyptian visa.
Prohibited: Firearms/weapons, Pornography
Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Original OBL or AWB.
- Packing list/inventory showing number of pieces/cartons and precise contents of each. (3) Passport of shipper/owner showing residence visa.
Customs Regulations: Personnel working for government sponsored projects, AID projects, and oil companies are permitted to import household goods and personal effects duty free against a Letter of
Guarantee from the sponsoring authority, approving the import and stating that the shipment will be re-exported. Shipments for others are subject to duty.
Remarks: All shipments must be consigned to: Shipper’s Name (as in passport) C/O Company Name Address & Telephone number. Duty payable on consumable items, regardless of sponsor. Special permit required for communications equipment and high frequency radios. Formalities required for video tapes, phonographic records, cassette tapes, and printed matter.
The information on this page is intended as a guide and NOT as a complete or definitive resource.
The information on this page should not be used as an authoritative reference.
If you have any questions regarding this information or if you would like to begin scheduling moving to Egypt, please contact NY International Shipping at [number] or through our online contact form.