Are you moving to Dubai from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Dubai, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We’d love to make your move to/from Dubai as seamless and stress-free as possible.
We have a free estimate form that allows you to calculate the cost.
We have a lot of experience moving and relocating people to/from Dubai and would love to assist you.
Here is some information for you regarding Dubai
Port Rashid, Jebel Ali Port
The following information is useful when shipping household goods to Dubai:
Used Household Goods and Personal Effects: These are duty-free, but customers must obtain a Residence Permit in order to ship them into Dubai.
New Household Goods: Subject to duty (determined by customs officials).
Required Documents: Dutiable items will require sales receipts, invoices, or insurance paperwork to prove ownership, length of ownership, and value.
Remarks: Customers are required to be present for clearance. Most shipments must undergo a physical inspection. Cartons with CDs, books, videos, magazines and DVDs must be marked clearly.
The following documents are required when shipping goods to Dubai:
- Residence permit
- Detailed inventory
Restricted Items & Items Requiring Prior Authorization
The following items are restricted unless noted that they require prior authorization:
- Political and religious literature require prior approval from the Ministry
- Plants and plant material need a Health Certificate
- Medication and food requires special approval/inspection by Ministry of Health. This must be packed separately.
- Flammable/corrosive products
- Stamps or coin collections of high value
- Exposed film
- Garden and outdoor equipment
The following items are prohibited in Dubai and cannot be brought into the country when moving overseas:
- Military uniform/equipment
- Narcotics (including poppy seeds, flowers, and leaves)
- Drugs and medicines which are banned
- Radios, transmitters, communication equipment
- Ivory or other items associated with endangered animals
- Items manufactured by Israeli blacklist or of Israeli origin
- Pornographic items determined to be offensive to Islamic teachins/principles
- All materials (written, recoreded, etc.) are subject to confiscation and censorhip. These items must be packed separately and clearly marked on the inventory.
Importing Cars and Motor Vehicles
Used vehicles: Can be imported, but are subject to duty. Customers must hold an United Arab Emirates Residence Visa. You must also have the following documentation:
- Purchase invoice
- Certificate of origin
- Insurance policy
- Proof of ownership
- Residence Permit
Remarks: Cars with tinted glass cannot be imported
Pets and Animals
Importing Pets: Pets can be imported, but you must first obtain a health certificate prior to moving to Dubai. The Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries must issue an import license (upon presentation of the health certificate). Both the import license and health certificate must be attached to the Air Waybill with your pet, so plan ahead of time.
- Electricity supply in Dubai is 220/240 volts and 50 cycles
- Socket type is the same as the 3-point British system.
- Adapters can be purchased at hardware and grocery shops
- Emirates Internet & Multimedia is the only provider of internet services
- Internet access is restricted for some sites
- Emirates Internet can be accessed through any standard telephone line using a 56k modem.
- There is no house address-based mail system in the UAE
- Post is delivered to a central post office, and then distributed to centrally located post office boxes
- Those that move to Dubai may choose to rent a personal PO Box if they prefer