Are you moving to Bosnia from New York? If you are relocating from the Tri-state area to Sarajevo, we provide door to door service and take care of your move.


Import Export
Status Non-Diplomat
  • Copy of passport
  • Copy of residence permit
  • Inventory list
  • bank guarantee
  • this is only temporary import
  • Copy of passport or Identity Card
  • Statement of organization shipper works for
  • Inventory list verified by employer in Municipality
  • Certificate from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, confirming that imported goods are for personal use only
  • Inventory List
  • Copy of passport
  • Inventory list
  • Copy of passport
  • Copy of passport
  • Confirmation about employment in foreign country
  • Confirmation of living abroad stamped and signed by Bosnian Embassy
  • Original residence permit in Bosnia NOT older than six months
  • Valued inventory list
  • Certificate confirming the official, legal registration of the company


Returning Citizens

Returning citizens who spent two years without interruption, 24 months in the last four years or spent a total of seven years abroad, are free of customs duties with a maximum of EUR 35.790,- worth of household goods. Should the returning citizen have his/her own company in Bosnia- Herzegovina, duty free import of office equipment is allowed up to the amount of EUR 8.692,-. For importing the latter, a valued inventory list is necessary together with a certificate stating that the shipper is allowed to import these goods. This should be an official letter of the company, with proof of registration in the Federation and should have an official court approval.

The necessary documentation regarding residence and / or work abroad can be obtained from any diplomat or consular representative of the Federation.

For ”Certificate from Ministry of Foreign Affairs, confirming that imported goods are for personal use only” are original documents required stamped by Bosnian custom authority.

For export of antiques and art the permission from Ministry of culture & education is required.

Only for the people with diplomatic status it is allowed to import a car older than seven years.


Please note:

The information on this page is intended as a guide and NOT as a complete or definitive resource. The information on this page should not be used as an authoritative reference.

Updated July, 2005

Written by Einat Mazafi
Einat Mazafi is the owner of NY International Shipping, an International Shipping and moving company based in New York. She is also a specialist in providing the best relocation solutions to clients worldwide.